Silent Auction Fundraiser Art Exhibit
Calling All Art Collectors: Animators rally to support colleague with cancer.
BIDDING CLOSES AT 3:30PM
Brenda Chapman, best known for her writing and directorial contributions to Pixars feature animated film “Brave”, has organized a silent auction to be held Saturday June 6th at Center Stage Gallery in Burbank to raise funds for the medical bills for fellow colleague Walt Disney Character Designer Sue Nichols.
Diagnosed late in 2014 with a kind of Breast Cancer that had spread, Brenda Chapman sent out a “calling all artists” and without hesitation they came to the rescue. Animation artists from Walt Disney, Dreamworks, Paramount and more have donated artwork and collectibles you just don’t see anywhere and all for this very good cause.
Now the call is going out to collectors for this very rare opportunity to both obtain some special collectibles from the world of animation art and help an artist in need.
- Framed production and gallery animation cell setups from “Sword in the Stone”, “Roger Rabbit”, “Sleeping Beauty” and “Mickey’s Christmas Carol.
- The original sketchbooks and drawings of Maurice Nobel.
- Art of Books signed by feature film animation directors John Musker and Ron Clements with special mentions to Sue Nichols.
- Original character design pencil drawings of Jafar, Jasmine, Aladdin and more by character designer Jean Gillmore.
- Original pencil drawing of Donald Duck created and signed by the voice of Donald, Tony Anselmo.
- Oil Paintings by Walt Disney Production Designer James Finch
- Preliminary Sketches for a children’s book by Director Brenda Chapman
- Limited edition signed serigraph prints by David Weidman
- Annie Award, program and invitation given to Maurice Nobel
- Signatures Robert F. Kennedy, Alice Davis, Richard Sherman
- Original pencil sketch by Legendary animator Mark Henn
- Original pencil sketch of by Legendary animator Dale Bear
- And more…
And the list goes on with artwork created or donated by:
- Lion King Director Roger Allers
- Production Designer and Employee #1 of Dreamworks Animation, Kathy Altieri.
- Pixar Story Artist Scott Morse
- Dreamworks Animation Story Artist Peter Paul
- Walt Disney Feature Film Director John Musker
- Walt Disney Art Director Brittney Lee
- Sony Pictures Animation Director Kelly Asbury
- Former Walter Disney Animator Ellen Woodbury
- Disney Toons art director Bill Perkins
- Walt Disney Background Artist Dee Farnsworth
- Animator and Illustrator Ivan Camilli
- Lead Concept Artist at Odisseu Productions Tiffany Mang
- Walt Disney Animator Tony DeRosa
- Dreamworks Art Director and Production Designer Shannon Jeffries
- Pixar Animator and Cartoonist Bob Scott
- Feature Film Story Artist David Fulp
- Feature Film Story Artist Brian Pimental
- Feature Film Story Artist Robert Lence
- And more….
Join us for the event, to network and see great artwork or join in the silent auction. Food and beverages are served.
100% of the proceeds go to Sue Nichols.
June 6th from noon – 4pm
If you’d like to make a bid in the auction but are out of town, call 818 259 1598 to get your personal “bid buddy”.
Remember it is all for a good cause.
Nous Sommes le Talent!!